Notifications
Clear all

DIY Patio Door Installation Project BISF House  

Page 2 / 2

leejones05
Registered
(@leejones05)

Hi Marc,

Well i finally managed to get some doors and not knowing if they would surely fit as they was slighty to big but very slightly, i decided to go for it, all came out really well and just had to shave a little of the side of frame and then it all fitted like a glove ? i have uploaded some p

67333241 464652414367575 8078049141143371776 n
66752393 463038021215519 5589511859679002624 n

hotos for you to see.

Thank you again to you guys, you was really helpfull.

Regards

Lee.

1 Reply
BISF Admin
Admin
(@bisfadmin)

Noble Member

@leejones05

Fantastic Lee!
It looks like you did a great job too, without suffering from any breakaway render.

I think the biggest issue that we face, is not knowing exactly where the side stanchions are to the nearest millimetre. Of course, we have a general idea thanks to the location of the window frame surround, but it can still be a little nail biting once the work is started, as there isn't really any turning back once the first cuts have been made.

I'm glad you persevered, as the door looks great in its new location.

I can see where the old encasement overlapped the render on the top half of the opening. Out of interest, what was the size difference between the outer edge of the frame, to the inner edge of the stanchion as highlighted in the image below? 

bisf french doors 2

leejones05
Registered
(@leejones05)

Hi Marc,

Thanks, I was very pleased with how it all went so well, but i was worrying how it would all go for a few days ? Can i ask also, do you know if there are any stantions in any of the interior walls, only i was thinking of maybe having an open plan?

The size difference was 7cm.

Page 2 / 2
Share:
Scroll to Top