Notifications
Clear all

BISF House Flue Frame Removal Question

13 Posts
6 Users
4 Likes
(@dandydan)
Topic starter

Hi, Im new to the forum. We have recently bought a bisf house and are currently Fitting a log burner, we just wondered if there is any way of removing the support frame for the flu leaving just the Flu itself exposed?

Any suggestions would be well appreciated

Many thanks

Dan

Posted : 11 February 2018 12:34 PM
(@dannyc)

Good to know. Thanks! Have you exposed it through the first floor too?

Posted : 11 February 2018 12:34 PM
Admin
(@nsh-team)
Member Admin

Hi Dan, I hope you are well.

It's been a while since you posted your logburner thread on the site, but it would be great to see some of your photographs outlining your project as we have a few people lookin to undertake a similar upgrade at the moment.

If you could share some of your images or if you have rather a lot of them, you could always send them to us via email and we can upload them for you into a gallery?

Our address is admin@bisfhouse.com

Marc

Posted : 22 March 2019 10:25 AM
(@charlee)

Hi,
Hoping on this post as I was hoping for some advice. I have this style fireplace. With brick around the base and metal going up with board around it. The part that would be in the bedroom is removed and boarded up so the whole of the old pipe has been removed too. So the chimney breast is a waste of space. I was hoping to remove the whole lot. Will this be a structural issue? My neighbour has done it and says it isn’t. But I’m nervous.

Many thanks

Posted : 18 November 2022 11:30 PM
Page 2 / 2