Clear all

Two Storey BISF House extension?

15 Posts
6 Users
0 Reactions
Community 1
(@emily84)
Topic starter

Hi, has anyone built a two storey extension and was it straight forward?

Thanks

Posted : 19 July 2017 11:08 AM
Community 3
(@peejay23)

Did you ever do your extension @emily84

Posted : 4 July 2018 7:52 PM
Admin
(@nsh-team)
Member Admin
Topic starter

@emily84

Did you get around to building your extension Emily?

Posted : 21 February 2019 1:48 AM
Community 5
(@indrit)

Hello Admin and members. Is it possible to extend on the side and the back at the same time? Been reading the guidelines but I am very confused. Also does anyone know of an BISF experienced arcitecht or structural engineer in epping forest area. Much apreciated

Posted : 31 May 2021 10:32 AM
Admin
(@nsh-team)
Member Admin
Topic starter

Hello Indrit.

Yes it is possible to undertake extension work to the front and rear at the same time but you will most likely need to employ a structural engineer if you plan on removing any of the existing steel framework of the property to facilitate wider openings or access points. You should also engage with your local councils planning and building regulation teams regarding your plans because some councils appear to allow sections of the original framework to be removed if properly supported, whilst other council teams are less favourable. 

It would be great if some of our previous commenters would share their own experiences regarding extension projects, to help and assist others like yourself.

We don't hold any construction related recommendation lists ourselves unfortunately, but other members may come forward to provide the answers you seeks.

Let us know how you get on.

Regards

Paul (NHS Team)

Posted : 31 May 2021 10:55 AM
Community 5
(@indrit)

Hello Admin thank you for your reply. Hopefully I will be renovating the house soon and will share as much info as I can with fellow members

Posted : 28 June 2023 9:34 PM
Page 2 / 2