Clear all

CLOSURE OF BISF HOUSE.COM - 31st May 2020  

RSS

Site Owner
(@site-owner)
New Member Admin
April 22, 2020 11:27 pm  

Dear members and visitors.

It is with regret that I must inform you that our website & forum will close permanently on Sunday the 31st of May 2020.
After this date, the site will be closed to new registrations & we will be unable to respond to new or existing posts.

I would like to thank every one who has contributed to this community during the last 10 years which saw BISF House.com grow into the Worlds number one non-traditional house resource & information community.
Without you, non of this would have been possible.

May I also wish you all a safe and healthy future and thank you once again for your understanding during these unusual times & circumstances.

Marc Buck (Site Owner & Creator)

Topic Tags
OxfordJon
(@oxfordjon)
New Member Registered
April 23, 2020 11:29 pm  

Hi Marc

Just wanted to thank you for investing so much time and expertise in creating this website. It's an incredibly helpful and informative site and it's incredibly generous of you to have shared your knowledge by creating a wealth of articles and a forum for people to exchange their experiences and questions. It's especially good of you to have put your own money into the site as well as your knowledge and insight. Thank you!

I was very sorry to hear that some of those involved in keeping the site going had been affected by the coronavirus. If you or anyone else has been affected by the virus, I wish a full and speedy recovery.

Thanks again for doing so much to help a lot of people by creating this website and hope you have a chance to put your feet up a bit in the future! Thanks and good luck!

ReplyQuote
BISFCookham
(@bisfcookham)
New Member Registered
May 14, 2020 5:19 pm  

I only posted once, but you helped me make an informed decision and for that I am very grateful.

There is a huge amount of information on this site, have you considered leaving the site accessible for future users to at least get a starting point?

My thanks once again and wishing you all the best for the future.

Steve

ReplyQuote
BISF Admin
(@bisfadmin)
Noble Member Admin
May 19, 2020 6:09 pm  

@oxfordjon

Thank you so much for your very kind words Jon, they are very much appreciated & warmly welcomed.

I sincerely wish you a happy and safe future also and thank you for being a valued member of our community.

My very best regards

Marc

ReplyQuote
BISF Admin
(@bisfadmin)
Noble Member Admin
May 19, 2020 6:31 pm  

@bisfcookham

Hi Steve, thank you for taking the time to post and for your kind wishes.

I had considered leaving the site accessible but unfortunately our hosting provider increased our fees quite dramatically recently to several hundred pounds a year and this does not include other considerable software fees that we employ in order to deliver certain site functionality.
If I am able to significantly reduce these costs then it may be viable to host the site as a reference source, rather than losing 10 years of accumulated work & data.

I can't make any promises right now Steve but I will certainly take a look into the feasibility of this.

Thank you once again for your support & best wishes for the future.

Marc

ReplyQuote
Share:
Scroll to Top