In-Situ Concrete PRC certificate help

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Reactions
Community 1
(@lemmon)
Topic starter  

Hi all

Would really appreciate any advice to get us out of this pickle.

We have a Gregory Industrial build house, sometimes known as a Drury build I believe, build in 1967. I believe that these particular Gregory builds are not defective as they look remarkably different to the original Gregory build, and we had a survey completed when we bought the property that said it was not defective.

However, we are now trying to sell this property, and the surveyor that came out has told our buyers lender that the build type means it's unsuitable for lending on, i.e, it's a defective build. We are on the brink of losing this sale and therefore the property we are trying to buy because of this, which is absolutely heartbreaking as our buyers mortgage offer is literally the last thing we are waiting on. 

Does anyone know of any way we can prove that the house is not defective, short of purchasing a PRC certificate that we shouldn't need? If worst comes to the worst we will buy one, but would rather not lay out another £1000 if we don't need to. 

Thank you so much in advance 

ReplyQuote
Admin
(@nsh-team)
Member Admin

@Lemmon Hello Lemmon, I've been away from the site for a while and just noticed your post. Have you managed to resolve this?

If your property looks anything like the image below, then it is clearly NOT DEFECTIVE and the surveyor is misinformed. If you need to discuss this matter further, please let me know. I have documentation to prove this and will speak to the underwriters for you if required.

Gregory Industrialised

ReplyQuote
Community 1
(@lemmon)
Topic starter  

@nsh-team hi thank you for your reply and apologies for my late one also. Unfortunately it looks like we have lost the sale and we are currently thinking about putting it back on the market or not, but to be honest I found the whole thing very distressing so I'm not currently sure.

I really do appreciate your offer of help, that's just amazing. If you have proof that our build isn't defective that would definitely put my mind at ease over this happening again, so if you're able to share I would be so grateful. 

Thank you 

ReplyQuote