This is a Member submitted Post
I’m after some advice and hope you’ll be able to help. We had our offer (asking price) accepted on a house in December. We are still awaiting mortgage offer from lenders etc but have paid for searches and survey.
However, we had a (personal) building survey done and it’s come back that the house is a modernised BISF this has come as shock to us as we were not told by both vendor and estate agent.
We are really indecisive on what to do next, we still like the house but think if we had know it was BISF we would have gone in with a lower offer (from my readings so far it looks like BISF should be a bargain, this house is not) plus the survey says we need to do some repairs nothing major though.
We are thinking of asking for a reduction in the price but want to wait for the lender to do a valuation so we can negotiate based on that.
Is it really right to think BISF house should be cheaper? Will we be able to resell in the future? What will you do?
Sorry for the long post and thanks.