Name: Kencast Precast Concrete House
Manufacturer: Kencast Buildings Ltd.
Period Built: 1960’s.
Number Built: 1000
Kencast Identification Characteristics:
- Detached and semi-detached bungalows.
- Medium Pitch gable roof covered with slates or tiles.
- External walls rendered throughout.
- Tile hanging at gable apex.
- Some bungalows have vertical timber boarding below some front wall window.
- This picture shows a typical Kencast detached bungalow.
Note for Surveyors:
Hairline cracking between components
Weaver Vale Housing Trust – Kencast Refurbishment Project.
The video below contains a detailed glimpse into the refurbishment works to 54 Kencast bungalows in Northwich, Cheshire. Throughout the year 2007, W D Stant Ltd worked together with Weaver Vale Housing Trust and their property occupants to carry out the works as requested. The video provides a fascinating glimpse of the refurbishment process and includes interviews with contractors and residents.
Detailed information is scarce for this property type. If you are able to provide further information, please contact ad***@no**************.com or feel free to add further information in the comments area below.