- Also known as: Cubitt, LC, LC System and Modulow.
- Manufacturer: Cubitts Construction Systems Ltd and Lowton-Cubitt Housing Ltd.
- Period Built: 1964 – 1970s.
- Number Built: 3700.
- Designer: Lowton Construction Group.
Lowton-Cubitt Identification Characteristics:
- 2-storey terraced houses.
- Brick panels at separating wall.
- Gable wall of brick throughout, or mathematical tiles to eaves level, and vertical timber boarding at apex.
- Brick or mathematical tiles returned around front and rear walls.
- Some dwellings have integral garages and utility rooms on ground floor giving appearance of 3-storey house
Medium pitch gable roof covered with interlocking concrete tiles.
External walls of tile hanging, PVC shiplap boarding, or render.
Notes for Surveyors:
- Minor to moderate corrosion of RSC frame and RS hollow box stanchions, particularly at external wall bases located below DPC.
- Damaged, loose or missing holding down bolts.
- Vertical and horizontal cracking of gas concrete panels, particularly in separating wall.
- Rain penetration at infill panel-brick joints.
- (The system was also used for flats)
Lowton Cubitt Downloads
Google streetmap view of Lowton-Cubitt Houses Halifax